Education and Industry
A pictorial storage/inventory computer program to help
keep your life organized. You import a layout of your boat,
RV, shop, home, cottage, condo, storeroom, etc. then mark storage
locations by clicking on the layout (see the X's below). Then you click on an X and add items to the storage location.
It's that simple. You can:
- categorize items
- name storage locations
- have items of the same category stored at different locations
- search for any item and its X
will blink on and off indicating where it is
- view the entire database of items, categories, locations, and
- have any number of layouts, ie: a plan view and an elevation,
or a plan view of every room, or an elevation of every wall
showing storage shelves, etc.
- create a Tasks List with due dates and reminder dates for each
task. Each time the program is opened, it checks the
reminder dates to see if a task is due.
Getting the layout of your boat, camper, cottage,
condo, etc. is easy. You can scan a brochure, download the
layout from the Internet, take a picture, or even draw your
own. The program accepts any .jpg, .gif, .bmp, .dib, .wmf,
or .emf file as a layout by clicking File>Import
Use the program to keep track of items in your boat,
RV, garage, condo, etc. or to do an inventory of your furnished
condo each time it is rented.
The first 3 pictures below show the program being
used for boat storage, and the last 3 pictures show the program
being used for inventory control of a furnished condo
rental. Same program; lots of uses!
Catalina 36' sailboat with storage locations
The location "under stairs" was right-clicked
so that items could be added to it.
The list of all items on the boat was opened.
2 Bedroom Condo with storage locations marked.
The location "Second BR closet" was
right-clicked so that items could be added to it.
The list of all items in the condo was
- IBM.® 486 or higher compatible computer
- Windows® 95, or greater.
- Minimum of 8 megabyte of RAM memory.
- Minimum of 2 megabyte of available hard disk space.
- 800 x 600 or higher screen video capability.
- Graphics-capable printer.