for Education and Industry
PLC Simulator Ver. 8.0
Learn ladder logic and how
to program PLCs in the
comfort of your home. This PLC Simulator turns your PC into a PLC
and has the look and feel of the most popular Allen- Bradley RSLogix®
instructions. It includes a Book of Exercises on
CD-ROM with 28 exercises and 33 sample programs to
teach you step-by-step how to control automated machinery using PLCs
. Or choose to order the optional Advanced Exercises CD-ROM
with an additional 15 exercises and 20 sample programs
to accompany the PLC Simulator 8.0 CD. The exercises are written in
M.S. Word® .doc format and .html code so you can use your
web browser to navigate through them. Click here to download a free
demo version: PLC Simulator Demo.
Here's a sample of what you'll learn:
- How to read and write ladder logic.
- Structured PLC Programming (the Step-Relay Method) to design
controls for automated machinery.
- Forward and reversing motor starters.
- Standard relays, latch relays, unlatch relays, and master
- How 2-way and 4-way hydraulic solenoid valves and cylinders
- On-delay, off-delay, and retentive timers.
- Up and down counters
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide math outputs.
- And, or, not, and exclusive-or logical outputs.
- Bit-shift-left and bit-shift-right shift registers.
- File instructions.
- Binary, octal, and hexadecimal numbers.
- How computers store negative numbers in 2s compliment form.
- What Boolean Algebra is.
- How to drive X10 Home Automation® modules.
The PLC Simulator has four screens of information:
- Main screen showing the ladder logic
- I/O Connections screen showing the input and output
connections to PLC I/O cards
- Machine Layout screen showing animated cylinders,
conveyors, solenoids, photoeyes, etc. that move in response the
ladder logic you program
- N7 Integer File screen showing the N7 integer file
Build your own machines on the Machine Layout screen (not
just "canned" demos) and watch them move in response to the ladder
logic you program. PLC Simulator Ver. 8.0 is backward
compatible with version 7.0. In other words, it will run
your PLC Simulator 7.0 programs.
The PLC Simulator and exercises are
written by a Professional Engineer with 14 years industrial
experience and 18 years experience teaching electrical engineering
PLC Simulator Ver. 8.0
Program features include:
- Input Switches operable from the computer keyboard or
by clicking on them.
- Instantaneous Relay contacts (normally-open and
- Instantaneous Timer contacts (normally-open and
- Timed Timer contacts (normally-open and
- Counter contacts
- Compare Instructions (GRT, EQU, and LES).
- Real inputs from any number of X10 switch
- Latch and Unlatch Relays (L) and (U)
- Master Control Relays (MCR)
- On-Delay Timers (TON)
- Off-Delay Timers (TOF)
- Retentive Timers (RTO)
- Up Counters (CTU)
- Down Counters (CTD)
- Timer/Counter Reset (RES)
- Move (MOV)
- Math Outputs (ADD, SUB, MUL, and DIV)
- Logical Outputs (AND, OR, NOT, and XOR)
- Shift Registers (BSL and BSR)
- Sequencers (SQO)
- File Instructions (FAL)
Programmable Machine Components:
- Selector Switches
- 4-Way Solenoids
- 2-Way Solenoids
- Pilot Lights
- Timer/Counter Readouts
What the program does not do:
- The program does not program any real PLC.
Return to home page.
- IBM.® 486 or higher compatible computer
- Windows 95® or greater. Not tested on Windows 10®
- Minimum of 8 megabyte of RAM memory.
- Minimum of 3 megabyte of available hard disk space.
- 800 x 600 or higher screen video capability.
- Graphics-capable printer.
- CD-ROM drive.
Go to order form.